WACI GLASS POLICIES
Every item for sale is handcrafted so no two pieces are ever the same, they are unique and one of a kind. I do make repeat designs but they are all different as they are made when an item sells. There maybe a listing of 5 items of some types of glass, mainly because I make a few at a time when kiln space allows.
The descriptions are as accurate as can be, photographs can sometimes not show the exact colours due to limitations of computer screens and I describe my items as accurately as possible, sizes shown on the site are approximate.
I will attempt to accommodate all requirements prior to shipping, however please see the Returns Policy if you are unhappy with your purchase.
All content inclusive of all designs, graphics and written material is the intellectual property of Waci Glass and must not be redistributed or copied by any means, electronically or otherwise for commercial or business means without express written permission from Waci Glass. Waci Glass 2019
If you wish to return your goods, please contact me within 14 days of delivery.
You will be asked to cover the return costs and a refund will be issued only for the cost of the item and the original postage cost. If an item is damaged in the process of delivery please contact us to discuss the matter. Photographic evidence may be required of the packaging and product. So please do not dispose of the packaging.
If, for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, I will be happy to help you with an exchange, refund or credit.
Goods should be returned in a condition fit for resale, within 21 days of the date of receipt. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Refunds can only be given on items received by me. If you wish to return your goods, you will be asked to cover the return costs and a refund will be issued only for the cost of the item and the original postage cost. A tracked postage would be advisable when returning items. We cannot be held responsible for non-receipt of returned goods if tracking postage is not used.
Refunds will be made in the original payment form.
Please allow 4 working days from the time of placing the order until dispatch.
Made to order items taking a little longer, but you will be advised accordingly.
If an item is damaged during shipping then I must be contacted as soon as possible to action a claim and ensure either a replacement or refund is made available. Photographic evidence may be required of the packaging and product. So please do not dispose of the packaging.
All items are sent from the United Kingdom.
Items are sent in the best method possible, I do not use fancy packaging and the item will be well wrapped to avoid the perils of Royal Mail and other courier services. We try and use recycled packaging when posting out orders, but it is not always possible. Every little bit helps the environment.
All items are sent by recorded delivery methods, unless otherwise stated. Due to the nature of these delivery companies, it can take up to 10 days after shipping before the item arrives, although most deliver within their stated times. If you item is needed by a specific date please allow time for the delivery process to take place.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Wayne Iredale, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may mail me at: Waci Glass 66 Piers Road Glenfield Leicester LE3 8BN.